Sunday, April 4, 2010

ACFW Author Shares How to Get Started Reading Ebooks

Posted by Ruby Johnson for K. Dawn Byrd.

I am excited to welcome our first guest blogger.
K. Dawn Byrd is an author of inspirational romance. She holds a masters degree in professional counseling from Liberty University and she believes this background gives her better insight into the minds, feelings and emotions of individuals, which help her to better understand her characters and develop them more fully. Queen of Hearts, a WWII romantic suspense waas released April 1 and Killing Time, a contemporary romantic suspense will be released August 1, both with Desert Breeze Publishing.

She is an avid blogger and gives away several books per week on her blog at www.kdawnbyrd.blogspot.com, most of which are signed by the authors. Her blog spotlights not only the books, but the authors also because we all want to know more about our favorite authors.
When not reading or writing, K. Dawn Byrd enjoys spending time with her husband of 14 years, walking their dogs beside a gorgeous lake near her home, and plotting the next story waiting to be told.

                                                    K. DAWN BYRD

If you're not reading ebooks, you're missing out. After I figured out how to download the first ebook, I was hooked and have purchased dozens of ebooks since then. I absolutely love them. I'm not killing trees, using expensive ink or lugging around heavy objects. And best of all, I can read when I want on my cell phone, anywhere, any time. And, I can read in bed with hubby right beside me and don't have to worry about disturbing him with a bedside light. The font is adjustable and right now my font is larger and darker than the print in a paperback. It's backlit and easy on the eyes. I can purchase ebooks in seconds and never leave the house. I have literally thousands of titles at my fingertips. Also, ebooks are inexpensive and many of them, especially those in the public domain, are free. Since I store ebooks on my computer or smartphone, they're not taking up room in my home and I can read them again if I choose.
In order to read ebooks on your smartphone or PC, you must have the proper software, which can be downloaded for free at www.fictionwise.com. After entering their website, click on "help" in the upper right corner, find your device, and then download the software. If you want to take a test run to make sure your software is working properly before spending your money, you can go to www.desertbreezepublishing.com and click on the their "Free! Free! Free!" tab to the left. Choose your item and download. It's that easy!
I'm such a fan of ebooks that I have two romantic suspense books coming out with Desert Breeze this year, one in April and one in September and I'm crazy about the cover art they designed for my April, release Queen of Hearts! It's scary and intriguing. You can read an excerpt at http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-70/Queen-of-Hearts/Detail.bok.







Here's the blurb from my publisher's website: Daphne Dean is proud to be serving her country stateside during WWII as a reporter and an Office of Strategic Services operative. When the photograph she takes of the crowd at a murder scene places her on the mob's hit list, she's forced into hiding in a vacant mental asylum in the middle of nowhere with terrifying secrets of its own.
Daphne thinks she is still  in love with her ex-fiancĂ©e, Kenneth, until she spends several days locked away in the asylum with Vito, the mob boss' son. Can she put the terrifying events that occurred there behind her and allow herself to pursue a relationship with Vito? Or, will she return to Kenneth who has turned his back on his country by becoming a draft dodger and a black market racketeer? One thing's for sure, it won't matter if she can't escape the mental institution alive.
I hope your ebook experience is a positive one and you love them as much as I do. ----K. Dawn Byrd

1 comment:

Shawna K. Williams said...

Lots of good info K. I love ebooks too!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...