Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Susie Sheehey: Christmas Is Family And Friends Sharing

Susan Sheehey

Susie Sheehey is president of GFW Writers. She is a full-time writer and has two completed novels of romantic suspense which she is shopping around.Her leadership reflects her previous background  in Medical Product Distribution. She lives in Keller, Texas with her husband and 3year old son.


 If you love Christmas, can you say why?



 The youthful spirit of the season. Everyone gets to be a kid again.


What’s one thing you’d like to get rid of during the holiday season?
 Black Friday commercials and long lines

What are your favorite childhood memories of Christmas?
Christmas Eve dinner with my entire extended family. Adults table vs Kids table.

What’s your idea of a perfect Christmas meal?
 The exact scenario described above, with my Mother’s turkey and Grandmother’s dining room ambience


Do you have a dish that has become a tradition with your family?
 My grandmother’s whisky sour punch. Christmas Eve party tradition


What are your favorite Christmas movies?
 Santa Clause with John Lithgow & Dudley Moore, Santa Clause Movie with Tim Allen, Rudolph (claymation)


What’s your favorite Christmas carol?
 Still, Still, Still, particularly performed by Manheim Steamrollers



What’s your idea of a perfect holiday season?
Peace, everyone home spending time with their loved ones, and remembering the real reason for the holiday (Christmas, Hanukah, whatever religion they are celebrating), it’s all about love, sharing, and family/friends.


Recipe:  

courtesy of ayse_e  flickr
 Southern Comfort Punch


2 (2 quart) bottles 7-Up, chilled

1 large can frozen lemonade

1 large can frozen orange juice

6 oz. lemon concentrate

1 bottle Southern Comfort Whiskey

ice ring (made with orange juice or lemonade) optional

maraschino cherries

large punch bowl

Mix frozen lemonade, orange juice & lemon concentrate in bottom of a large punch bowl; may need to let it set a couple of minutes to soften.Add in the 7-Up; spike with Southern Comfort to taste.
Garnish with ice ring and maraschino cherries. I normally use half the ingredients to fill one punch bowl. When you add the 7-up, it normally foams quite a bit.

You can spike the punch just a little, and leave the bottle beside the bowl (for a casual party) for those who like a stronger. punch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Contact Susie at http://www.blogger.com/goog_1033181007

 
 
                                                                             

5 comments:

J. A. Bennett said...

That punch looks awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Thorneanderson@hotmail.com said...

Southern bells always seek comfort. I bet every one in your house is happy after some of this comfort. Thanks for such a nice post.

Ruby Johnson said...

I don't venture out on Black Friday. I went a few times and couldn't believe how ordinary people turned into rude, bullies pushing and shoving. After having items snatched out of my hands by this big man. I decided to shop earlier in the year and skip it. Problem is I forget where I've hidden what I purchased.

Caroline Clemmons said...

I agree that I don't like all the commercials. I have gone out on Black Friday in past years, but now find I prefer shopping online. So much easier and the postman or UPS guy brings stuff to my door. I just don't like crowds nowdays, so it's nice to be able to avoid them.

Jeff Turner said...

Family time is the best of all.....

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...